Tuesday, June 19, 2012

REUNITED AT LAST AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!


After nearly 5 months of spotty skype video chats, lengthy emails going over AESOP updates, and attempting to communicate with thousands of miles between us, the 2012 AESOP coordinators are finally reunited!  IT FEELS SOO GOOD! Will, Mackie and I have worked on AESOP this year from around the globe--Will in India, Mackie in Chile, and me in Maine. I can't tell you how tricky it was to coordinate AESOP from completely different parts of the world, but WE DID IT! I must say, the office was a bit lonely without these two goofballs and it was hard not to be able to bounce ideas back and forth. In my spare time, I built a mini Banyan tree with NanoBlocks (they're like Legos for adults if you're still into that kind of thing) and eating a large portion of gumballs over the course of a couple months from that container (pictured below). I got pretty sick of them after a while, but I have perfected my bubble-blowing skills which is a feat in itself! I must say that I'm pretty proud of my new talent.



Aside from those silly shenanigans, everything is pretty much set and ready for you AESOPpers to arrive! We've made campsite reservations, bought some brand new gear (sleeping bags, tents, stoves, canoes, a new canoe trailer and more!), and are working on organizing your arrival. The next thing we have to do is to sort you on trips! Your leaders are eagerly waiting to hear who their AESOPpers are going to be and you'll hear from them around mid July. It's pretty quiet here in the summer and we are ready for you to get over here! We can't wait to introduce you to Bates-We have some really fun things (and surprises) planned for you guys so get excited for some fun times!


That's it for now. Back to work for a while.. Talk to you guys soon and please, if you have any questions at all, email us! aesop.bates@gmail.com. We'll be around!


-Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment